Macular Degeneration - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
| Learn about macular degeneration causes, symptoms, current treatment options and vision aids.
With age-related macular degenerative disease (ARMD) as the leading cause of vision loss in people 65 and older, you most likely know someone who is struggling with limited vision and their quality of life.
Or you may be someone who is asking what can I do to prevent my eyes from developing macular degenerative disease through lifestyle, diet or supplements.
Here you will find answers to many of your questions like:
√ What can I do to reduce my risk of developing macular degenerative disease?
√ What are macular degeneration symptoms?
√ What role does diet, vitamins, and nutrition play in prevention and treatment?
√ What is the most current information on traditional and alternative treatment?
√ How do I access the latest research and clinical trials?
√ What visual aids, resources and financial assistance are available to those with AMD?
Hello, my name is Leslie Degner.
As a registered nurse with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, and 20 years of RN experience, my goal is to educate and to raise awareness on macular degeneration causes, symptoms and treatment and to bring hope to those who have been diagnosed with it.
As a daughter-in-law to someone who is struggling with AMD and a wife to someone with an extensive family history, our goal is to assist those who are living with this degenerative eye disease, and to prevent the development of AMD in our eyes and our childrens' eyes.
If you find this site helpful, let others know about www.WebRN-MacularDegeneration.com by adding a link in a post, a blogroll or marked as one of your favorites. Every link helps!
Leslie Degner, RN, BSN
Better Health for Better Vision
"First of all let me congratulate yourself for your fantastic website which I visit regularly as a source of inspiration for my work in Italy with AMD patients"
Per Vedere Fatti Vedere onlus- Italy
"Leslie, you do a great job with your e-zine. I do refer to your site when patients are interested in resources."
Alice M Enault, OTR/L;CLVT
Leslie, I knew nothing about the subject when I was shocked to be told that my eyes showed beginning macular degeneration. I wrote the term into a search box and your site came up in response. Since then, I have >b>learned a great deal from the letters you publish, the research and other information you post and your answers to the people who write to you.
Most personally useful to me was your answer to my question about considering cataract surgery and its possible positive and/or negative effects on macular degeneration. You had no easy answers but you quoted from the way a most authoritative site considered that question. It was helpful to me in trying to decide about that question. Thank you for your efforts.
"I really am getting a lot of valuable information from your site."
"Just a note of thanks for the effort that goes into your web site and the ease of use built into the site. It is a quality production all around and I certainly appreciate it."
I can't thank you enough on helping our family with the information you have given me.
"Just wanted to send a great big personal Thank You for putting all the work you do into this website. My wife is just entering the early phases of M.D. and I am trying to get both of us as prepared as we can for what may be to come. Your regular columns, messages and suggestions are so very much welcome here at our house. I've sung your praises to my daughter who is herself a Nurse Practitioner and Professor of Nursing at a Boston College, and she was very interested in what you are doing. Keep up the good work."
Ed from Norwood, MA
Search this site by typing in a keyword and the results will be displayed below:
Would you like to be updated on the latest:
√ Clinical Trials?
√ Prevention of Macular Degeneration?
√ Tips for Daily Living
√ Food Suggestions for a Macular Degeneration Diet?
√ Ideas on Visual Aids to Maximize your Sight?
If you said "yes"
to any of the above, sign up for my monthly Macular Degeneration News.
- Macular Degeneration News and Updates
- Macular Degeneration News - Stay current on the latest research, low vision aids, nutritional recommendations and more.
- AMD Updates
- The AMD Updates contains new and current information about macular degeneration treatment, research, diet, vitamins and supplements, visual aids and resources.
- Search page for WebRN-MacularDegeneration.com
- Search this site for macular degeneration topics, treatment, and resources.
- Macular Degeneration Prevention - Risk, Research and Reality
- Macular Degeneration Prevention - Is it Possible?
- Cause of Macular Degeneration - Find out What Increases Your Risk for AMD
- Understanding the cause of macular degeneration may help with prevention.
- Macular Degeneration Symptoms - Recognize the Signs of Macular Degeneration
- Macular degeneration symptoms - what are they and when should you go see the eye doctor.
- Macular Degeneration Test - No One Test, But Rather Several
- Macular Degeneration Test - At home and at the doctor's office.
- Dry Macular Degeneration - Recognize Early Symptoms of this Retinal Disease
- Dry Macular Degeneration - What is it and How is it Treated?
- Wet Macular Degeneration - What Is It, How is it Treated, Where to Get Help
- Wet Macular Degeneration - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Research
- Juvenile Macular Degeneration Affects Children, Teens and Young Adults
- Juvenile Macular Degeneration - Find out more about Stargardt's and Best Disease
- Macular Degeneration Treatment -Treatment Options and Breakthroughs
- Macular Degeneration Treatment - Medications, Surgery, and Research
- Macular Degeneration Research - From Stem Cells to Genetics
- Macular Degeneration Research shows exciting promise for new treatments.
- Macular Disease - Differenty Types of Retinal Conditions Affecting The Macula
- Macular Disease - Can affect young and old for different reasons.
- Floaters in the Eye - Who Gets Them and Why?
- Floaters in the Eye - Causes and Cure?
- Eye Cataracts Develop For Some of The Same Reasons as AMD
- Learn about eye cataracts, prevention, symptoms and types.
- Computer Eye Strain - Tips Top Reduce Computer Eye Fatigue
- Computer Eye Strain - What You Can Do to Help Your Eyes
- E Book Reader - A Great Low Vision Technology
- E Book Reader: Which reader offers the best features for those with macular degeneration.
- Reading Magnifier - Tips For Reading With Macular Degeneration
- Reading Magnifier - Continue reading with the right book magnifier combined with better lighting and large font type.
- A Hands Free Magnifier Comes in Several Different Styles
- A hands free magnifier keeps you doing the hobbies you enjoy.
- Lighted Magnifier - With More Light the Less Need for Magnification
- Lighted Magnifier - Best visual aid for macuar degeneration.
- Macular Degeneration Magnifier - Different Magnifiers for Different Tasks
- There is a Macular Degeneration Magnifier for All of Your Vision Needs.
- Screen Magnifiers - Magnify Fonts, Images and Reduce Glare
- Screen magnifiers for your computer, tv, cell phone and laptop
- Low Vision Reading Aids - Combine Several Aids For Easier Reading
- Low Vision Reading - Read Well with Vision Aids for Macular Degeneration
- Low Vision Technology - Technology That Can Change Your Life
- Low vision technology such as electronic magnifiers, book readers, and more keep you doing the things you want to.
- Low Vision Lighting: Better Lighting Means Better Visibility, Less Magnification
- Low Vision Lighting - The Right Lighting can Make a World of Difference.
- Audio Books for the Blind - Listen to Your Favorite Books
- Audio Books for the Blind - Find out how to get free and discounted books on tape.
- Visual Aids for Macular Degeneration - Aids to Keep You Independent
- Visual Aids for Macular Degeneration - talking watches, large number phones, tv magnfiers and more .
- Macular Degeneration Forum - Share Your Story and Hear From Others With AMD
- A macular degeneration forum to ask questions and get answers.
- Macular Degeneration Help - Resources for Support and Assistance
- Macular degeneration help is available from free large print books to patient aid for macular degeneration drugs.
- Macular Degeneration Specialist - Who Are They, How To Find One
- Get a Macular Degeneration Specialist on Your Team
- Low Vision Gifts - Get ideas from Talking Watches to Large Button Phones
- Low Vision Gifts - Ideas for your loved ones and friends with macular degeneration.
- Macular Degeneration Diet - Ocular Nutrition for Better Vision
- Macular Degeneration Diet - Learn about Antioxidants, Low Glycemic Index and Fish Oil Benefits
- Antioxidant Foods - Berries, Vegetables, and Drinks That Benefit Your Eyes
- What are the best antioxidant foods to fight free radical damage? Find a list here.
- Omega 3 - It's Role In Retinal Health
- Omega 3 benefits to our vision - include foods high in omega 3 for a macular degeneration diet.
- Vitamins for Macular Degeneration - What Nutrients & Vitamins Are Good For Eyes
- Vitamins for macular degeneration may help prevent or slow the progression of macular degeneration.
- Antioxidant Health Supplement - Synthetic versus Natural Vitamin Supplement
- Antioxidant Health Supplement - Should You Take One for Your Eye Health?
- Organic Goji Berries - Why they should be part of your macular degeneration diet
- Organic Goji Berries - Good for You and Your Eyes
- Lutein - Dosage, Side Effects and Foods High in This Carotenoid
- Lutein for Macular Degeneration Prevention and Treatment
- google verification
- google verification
- Contact Us
- Contact Leslie Degner, RN, BSN with your Questions, Comments or Suggestions.
- AMD Support - A List of Helpful Websites on Macular Degeneration
- AMD Support around the Globe - Links to Organizations Around the World
- WebRN-Macular Degeneration.com Advertising
- Advertising Information and Disclosures