A magnifying desk lamp provides directed light and magnification that can be used for reading or for performing hobbies.
Some of the features to look for are:
1. An adjustable arm so that the light and magnification can be directed to exactly where needed
2. The size of the lens
3. The magnification power with an added higher spot magnification
4. Power source
Some desk lamp magnifiers use only AC and others can be powered by AC and batteries so the lamp can be used anywhere
5. The type and number of lights
On the left is the Carson Desk Lamp which uses 2 LED lights. On the right is the AmazLab desk lamp magnifier that has a circle of 18 LED lights.
1. Lens Size is 3" in diameter
2. Magnifying power is 2X with a 6X spot magnifier
3. Ring of 18 LED lights
4. A/C adapter and USB Cable
The USB cord can be plugged into a computer or portable cell phone charger so you can use the lamp anywhere even if there is no outlet.
The ring of LED lights help to evenly distribute the light for better clarity and focus. The sturdy metal base prevents any tipping and the quality gooseneck arm is easy to adjust to any position.Amazlab Magnifying Desk Lamp USB Cabled, 3x & 6x Spot Magnifying Glass, Adjustable Gooseneck with LED Lights.
You can also get a magnifying desk lamp that uses LED lights. The gooseneck feature allows the lamp to be positioned close to your reading material or hobby.
1. Lens Size is 4" diameter
2. Magnifying power of 2X with a spot 5X magnifier
3. Two LED lights
4. Powered by electric cord or 3 AAA batteries
Often with the brighter LED lights less magnification is needed.
This magnifier light is perfect for any desk or kitchen counter top. It can also run on batteries so you can move it anywhere - even if there is no electrical outlet.
Use it to read your mail, write letters, look at photos, or balance your checkbook.
Continue to perform your hobbies or read your favorite magazines or books with a magnifying desk lamp.